SIALKOT: Federal Minister for Water and Power Khawaja Muhammad Asif has on Saturday said that a sum of Rs. 58 billion had been allocated for Nandipur power project and saying that Rs. 81 billion had been allocated for it is unfair.
Talking to media and business community at Sialkot Chamber of Commerce, Khawaja Asif said that the Nandipur power project will soon be completed. He said that progress will be visible within next 8 to 10 days. He said that the set target could not be achieved due to fuel treatment plant. He said that the target of 525 mega watts will be completed next year by converting the plant on gas.
Khawaja Asif said that hurling allegations is easy; we are politicians and will tolerate the allegations. He said that Transparency International (TI) cleared the government in Nandipur power project.
Talking about Lahore-Sialkot Motorway, Khawaja Asif told that the Lahore-Sialkot Express Way project has been turned into motorway. He said that Lahore-Sialkot Motorway will be inaugurated this year and this project will be completed within next 2 years.