Natalie Dormer on board for ‘Hunger Games’ prequel

Latest Update: December 22, 2015 | 212 Views
Natalie Dormer

LOS ANGELES: “The Hunger Games” star Natalie Dormer has revealed that she is open to doing more films in the franchise but only if author Suzanne Collins is involved.

The final film in the series, “Mockingjay, Part 2”, was released last month, and the possibility of getting the franchise to “live on and on and on” with prequels was floated by Lionsgate vice chairman Michael Burns, reported Entertainment Weekly.

Dormer, who plays Cressida in the films, talked of her admiration for “The Hunger Games” author and how she would only be interested if Collins as on board.

“I adore Suzanne Collins for her bravery and her imagination, and everything that is the success of The Hunger Games, the genesis, it all comes from Suzanne,” Dormer said.

“So I’m just a huge fan of Suzanne Collins and her writing, and I think (Hunger Games producer) Nina Jacobson and (director) Francis Lawrence have both talked about this, but anything prequel, sequel, whatever would have to come from her and her penmanship.

“So the minute I know that Suzanne is writing something, then yes, my ears would prick up. Almost definitely.”

Star Jennifer Lawrence recently revealed that she would not be involved in any potential prequels.

“I think it’s too soon. They’ve got to let the body get cold, in my opinion?,” she said.


Top of the Hour