Pakistan

Allegations against MQM made without evidence: Farooq Sattar

Latest Update: March 15, 2016 | 967 Views
FS

KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Farooq Sattar while responding to accusations made against the party by dissident Raza Haroon a day earlier said all allegations were made without evidence.

“Accusations being made now will meet the same end as accusations and those who made them in the past,” Sattar said.

Earlier, MQM’s mayoral nominee for Karachi, Waseem Akhtar, when questioned about rumours of a well-known personality joining the party on March 18 said, “Everything will become clear very soon.”

A handful of MQM members have joined former Karachi mayor Mustafa Kamal’s yet-unnamed party after his no-holds barred press conference earlier this month when he returned to Pakistan after a prolonged absence from mainstream politics.

Kamal has pulled Raza Haroon, Dr Sagheer, Iftikhar Alam and Waseem Aftab into his ‘new party’, which he said would be named on March 23.

Speculation is rife as to why a number of senior MQM members left the country suddenly around the time Kamal returned to Karachi. Haider Abbas Rizvi, Faisal Sabzwari, Khushkbakht Shujaat and Khwaja Izharul Hassan are among those who left the country recently.

Certain party members left before Kamal’s visit to Karachi, but uncertainty regarding the reasons for the absence of other party members remains.