FO condemns Indian LOC violation

Latest Update: September 29, 2016 | 214 Views

ISLAMABAD: The Foreign Office summoned Indian High Commissioner Gautam Bambawale on Thursday following unprovoked cross border firing by India in which two Pakistani soldiers were martyred.

According to the Foreign Office sources, Pakistan strongly condemned the unprovoked firing across the Line of Control.

Foreign Secretary Aizaz Chaudhry handed over protest note to the Indian High Commissioner, sources said.

The Indian HC was handed over evidence of ceasefire violation at the LoC, sources said.

The protest note stated that the unprovoked firing led to martyrdom of two Pakistani soldiers. Pakistani High Commissioner in India received threatening calls in India, the note read.

The note also mentioned that India is waging negative propaganda war, adding that measures taken by India are threatening regional peace.

The protest demarche also highlighted India’s decision of not attending SAAC Summit in Islamabad, which led to the postponing of the regional conference.

Apart from that, the note also called India’s statements regarding the Indus Water Treaty discouraging. Modi in the meeting to review the treaty’s provision was quoted as saying “water and blood can’t flow at the same time”.

According to a Foreign Office statement, “Pakistan strongly condemns unprovoked ceasefire violations at LoC by Indian forces, which is a continuation of a pattern of cease fire violations committed by the Indian forces. The valiant Armed Forces of Pakistan have given and will continue to give a befitting response to any aggression.”

“We can assure India that any such aggression will not go unanswered or unpunished. Pakistan is ready to defend its people and territory from any Indian aggression or Indian State sponsored terrorism on Pakistani soil,” the statement added.

The situation on the Pakistan-India border deteriorated on Wednesday as two Pakistani soldiers embraced martyrdom due to across the border firing, which India termed as ‘ surgical strikes’. The claims were turned down by Pakistan Army’s media cell ISPR.

There has been no surgical strike by India, instead there had been cross border fire initiated and conducted by India which is existential phenomenon, the ISPR said.

Earlier, the DG ISPR Lt Gen Asim Saleem Bajwa said that that India had violated the Line of Control and the ceasefire agreement.

Denying Indian claims of a surgical strike on Pakistan, he said, “There was only one incident last night.”


Top of the Hour