LAHORE: A man lost his life while 11 others were injured on Tuesday when fire engulfed a 10-storey building in Ichra area of Lahore.
The man died by jumping from the building to save himself from the fire, said Dr Haider Ashraf, who confirmed that at least 11 other people were injured.
DIG Police Operations confirmed the death.
According to latest reports, rescue workers were still trying to evacuate people trapped in the building as firefighters said they were able to bring the fire under control.
Several people have lost consciousness due to the smoke and flames, said rescue officials, adding that several people were still trapped inside the building.
Police said the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit.