ISLAMABAD: The government has been engaged in high level consultations to take decision after the Supreme Court withheld the decision of the Sindh High Court over removal of the name of former president Pervez Musharraf from the exit control list.
According to reports, the lawyers of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf have decided to submit a plea in the Supreme Court again to remove the name of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf from the exit control list (ECL).
Pakistan’s apex court on Wednesday ordered the removal of Musharraf’s name from the ECL to travel abroad for medical treatment. But the name of the retired army chief could not be removed from the ECL to allow him to leave the country.
According to reports the Ministry of Interior waiting for the written orders of the Supreme Court to remove the name of Pervez Musharraf from the ECL. The government said to be involved in high level consultations to decide the matter.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has called the legal and constitutional experts to consult over the matter, sources said.
It was expected earlier that Musharraf will soon travel to abroad for medical treatment. Later it emerged that the name of the former military ruler could not be removed from the ECL and his immediate departure to abroad has been postponed.
A Supreme Court bench in its order yesterday withheld the Sindh High Court verdict of removing the name of the former president from the ECL and left the matter open for the government decision.
A spokesperson of Gen Musharraf’s party, the All Pakistan Muslim League, has said that his departure was yet to be finalised.
Another party leader Dr. Amjad has said that the former president after his treatment abroad will return back home to face the cases pending against him. Musharraf, who was admitted at a hospital in Karachi, has now been shifted to home.