Newly-wed couple dies of gas suffocation in Mandi Bahauddin

Latest Update: August 15, 2016 | 239 Views

MANDI BAHAUDDIN: Gas leakage claimed the life of a couple on their wedding night in Mandi Bahauddin.

According to police, 35-year-old Shahbaz and his 30-year-old wife Farzana, who got married on Sunday, were killed due to gas suffocation from a power generator in Kuthiala Syedan area.

The generator was placed inside the room due to heavy rain outside, a relative said.

Bodies of the victims were shifted to the district hospital while police have launched investigation into the incident.

Frequent power outages in the area force people to use gas generators to ensure they have electricity and are able to perform day-to-day functions.


Top of the Hour