MULTAN: Police on Friday handed over a questionnaire to Mufti Abdul Qavi in the ongoing investigation into Qandeel Baloch’s murder.
While holding a press conference at his residence, Mufti Qavi said he had received a six-point questionnaire from the police. He added that a reply would be submitted by Saturday.
Qavi claimed his last contact with social media celebrity Qandeel Baloch was through mobile phone messages on June 22, and he met the model only once in his life.
Qavi said that he was in Lahore when Qandeel was murdered.
Earlier in June, Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Sardar Yousaf had suspended Mufti Abdul Qavi’s membership of Ruet-i-Hilal Committee after pictures of him with Qandeel Baloch surfaced on social media.
Qavi’s membership in the National Ulema Mushaikh Council was also suspended.