KARACHI: Reacting on Farooq Sattar’s press confrence Sindh Rangers spokesman on Friday said that the paramilitary force will not allow anyone to shut Karachi forcefully.
“We cannot allow anyone to bring the life in the metropolis to a paralyzing halt,” Rangers said in the statement issued here.
This statement comes minutes after MQM announced it would observe a countrywide mourning and a province wide shutterdown strike on Saturday over party workers alleged extrajudicial killing at the hands of Rangers personnel.
Earlier, In an another statement Rangers spokesman denied claims by MQM that the paramilitary force was involved in the extra-judicial killing of four party workers.
The spokesman in a statement termed the MQM’s accusation as ‘misleading propaganda.’
The Rangers spokesman said the Karachi operation would continue till the elimination of the last target killer, facilitator and financier.
The Rangers spokesman added the four MQM workers were hiding in a safe house on the behest of the party leadership.
The MQM in an earlier statement claimed the four men killed ‘extra-judicially’ were members of the party. According to the MQM statement three of the men had been identified by their families.
The MQM also claimed the four workers had been in the custody of the Rangers for four months.