KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah on Tuesday claimed that suspects involved in Karachi bus attack had been identified, hoping that culprits would soon be brought to justice.
Speaking on the floor of the Sindh Assembly, the CM said that suspects arrested by law-enforcement agencies in connection with Karachi carnage have been identified, adding that statements of eyewitnesses have also been recorded.
Shah refused to bow to opposition’s demand to step down, saying that none in the past tendered resignation over terror incidents. “Pervez Musharraf was attacked twice but no one stepped down,” he said.
The CM claimed that 90 percent cases of kidnapping for ransom have been resolved.
“Law and order situation is improving in Karachi. Prime Minister, army chief, ambassadors and traders have appreciated it,” Shah said.