RIYADH: At least five Pakistani citizens are being reported to have died as fire engulfed a flat in Al-Nazeem Saudi Arabia.
According to the Department Of Civil Defense of Saudi Arabia, the electric short circuit became the cause of fire.
Due to negligence, spark came out of a loose plug resulting in fire which caught the nearby inflammable products.
The remaining Pakistani workers along with the staff members have been safely evacuated from the flat, says the Civil defense Department. The workers with minor injuries have been transferred to the hospital.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has expressed deep sorrow over the tragic incident. He has issued directives to the Pakistani embassy in Saudi Arabia to shift the bodies as soon as possible.