News World

IS confirms killing of number two in US air strike

Latest Update: October 13, 2015 | 114 Views
Afghanistan-ISIS

Beirut: The Islamic State group’s spokesman confirmed on Tuesday the killing of the jihadist organisation’s second in command in a US air strike earlier this year.

“America is rejoicing over the killing of Abu Mutaz al-Qurashi and considers this a great victory,” Abu Mohamed al-Adnani said in an audio recording posted on jihadist websites.

The White House has said that Qurashi, also known as Fadhil Ahmad al-Hayali and Haji Mutaz, was killed on August 18 in a US air strike on a vehicle near the northern Iraqi city of Mosul.

AFP