ROME: Italy is searching for five people flagged by the FBI in response to a U.S. warning about potential targets following the Paris attacks.
Foreign Minister Paolo Gentiloni told RAI state broadcaster on Thursday that Italian law enforcement had been searching for the five people since Wednesday afternoon.
The State Department issued a warning Wednesday that St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome, Milan’s cathedral and La Scala opera house, as well as churches, synagogues, restaurants, theaters and hotels had been identified as “potential targets.”
Gentiloni adds that the U.S. alert didn’t warn people to stay away from Italy. He said: “We cannot be prisoners of worry.”