News World

More than 40 feared dead after bomb blasts in Nigeria

Latest Update: July 23, 2015 | 87 Views
Nigeria-Blast

Kano, Nigeria: More than 40 people were feared dead in Gombe city, northeast Nigeria, on Wednesday after a series of bomb blasts ripped through two bus stations, a rescue worker and a witness told AFP.

“So far we have recovered 12 dead bodies,” said the rescue worker at Dadin Kowa terminus, while a witness at the second in the Dukku area said: “I counted up to 30 dead bodies at the scene.”

The Gombe state police confirmed only the first blast but did not give a death toll.

AFP