RIYADH: Cross-border shelling from war-torn Yemen killed four people in Saudi Arabia on Monday, authorities in the kingdom said.
Three others were wounded and hospitalised after the incident in the Jazan region, the civil defence agency said on Twitter without giving details.
Saudi Arabia has led a military coalition supporting the Yemeni government in its fight against Iran-backed rebels since March last year.
The rebels have in recent days intensified cross-border attacks on the kingdom as peace talks in Kuwait have failed to achieve a breakthrough.
Border clashes left a Saudi army officer and six soldiers dead on Saturday.
On July 25, five Saudi border guards were killed in similar clashes.
Around 100 members of the Saudi forces and civilians have been killed in skirmishes, by artillery fire or landmines inside the kingdom’s borders since the coalition launched its campaign.
In Yemen itself, the conflict has killed more than 6,400 people and displaced 2.8 million since March last year, according to UN figures.