News World

US says disappointed over cancellation of Pak-India talks

Latest Update: August 24, 2015 | 87 Views

WASHINGTON: The United States has expressed disappointment over the cancellation of scheduled talks between the national security advisers of Pakistan and India.

In a statement, US State Department spokesman John Kirby said we are disappointed the talks will not happen this weekend and encourage India and Pakistan to resume formal dialogue soon.

He said the constructive interaction between Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi in Ufa, Russia, had been encouraging.


Top of the Hour