Hollywood star Tom Cruise has confirmed that he will return for the sequel of Top Gun.
During an interview with Australian TV Sunrise, the 54- year-old actor confirmed that Top Gun 2 is definitely happening. In addition, Cruise said that he might start filming the sequel to the 1986 movie next year, reported Ace Showbiz.
When asked whether he was doing Top Gun 2, Cruise said, “It’s true. I’m going to start probably in the next year. I know, it’s happening. It’s definitely happening.” He later said, “You’re the first people I’ve said it to, you asked me and so I’m telling you.”
Top Gun producer Jerry Bruckheimer hinted at the sequel last year when he posted a picture of him and Cruise on his Twitter account and wrote, “Just got back from a weekend in New Orleans to see my old friend @TomCruise and discuss a little ‘Top Gun 2’.”
Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem will be seen as arch enemies in their upcoming film Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
However, it looks like fate has more in store for the two actors.
Universal Pictures Studio announced that its rebooted series of classic monster movies will be known as the Dark Universe where Johnny Depp will be playing the role of The Invisible Man while Frankenstein’s monster will be played by Javier Bardem.
The team also include other Hollywood biggies like Tom Cruise as Nick Morton and Russell Crowe as Dr. Henry Jekyll and Sofia Boutella in The Mummy. Russell Crowe’s character, Dr Jekyll, will be one of the characters who will be linking the films together.
He owns a mysterious organisation, Prodigium, that tracks all the monsters in the world.
The entire team was photographed recently and it was too much Hollywood swag to handle.
The Studio also announced that the Bill Condon will be directing Bride Of Frankenstein, which will release on February 14, 2019. The film will tell the story of a very modern woman in a classic tale.