As the blessed month of Ramzan is upon us, let’s try something out of the ordinary, tired of the same old samosa’s and pakoras dripping with oil and fats? Then, look no further, we have the alternates you desire.
Want to try something unique and refreshing, then stay in touch with NewsOne which will be sharing a new and different Ramzan recipe from around the world to please your flavor palettes.
Eggs can make scrumptious dishes and so will this one. Easy to put together, this is a finger licking good dish that adults and children will love.
- Olive oil
- Chopped onions, 1 1/3 cups, finely minced
- One cup of thinly sliced bell peppers
- Two cloves of garlic, finely minced
How To Make:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Stir in the finely chopped onion and thinly sliced bell peppers.
- Add to it 2 cloves of minced garlic; cook and stir until all the vegetables have softened and the onion has turned translucent, for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the tomatoes, a whole teaspoon ground cumin, 1 tsp paprika, salt, and one finely chopped chilli pepper into a bowl and mix it briefly.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the skillet, and stir to combine.
- Simmer, uncovered, until the tomato juices have cooked off, about 10 minutes.
- Make four indentations in the tomato mixture for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into the indentations. Cover the skillet and let the eggs cook until they are firm but not dry, about 5 minutes.