Child dies, four faint after eating substandard meal


KARACHI: A three-year-old girl died on Friday after eating substandard food in Karachi’s Shah Faisal Town area.


According to details, four other members of the family also fell unconscious after having the meal.

The family felt giddiness and started fainting one after the other a few hours after having the food and was rushed to Jinnah hospital where the girl Serena was pronounced dead.

The condition of the girl’s father Safdar, mother Ghazala, elder sister Shanzay and brother Talha got better after they were provided with medical assistance.

Doctors said the patients might have suffered from food poisoning. However, they were now out of danger and would be discharged soon, they said.

Moreover, police have also initiated probe of the incident.