Karachi: Newly appointed governor Sindh, Imran Ismail admonished the Karachi Electric for their apparent negligence resulting in the death of a minor by electrocution.
The newly appointed governor was speaking over the incident in Ahsanabad area of Karachi today, monday where an eight-year-old, Mohammad Umar, was electrocuted by a loose hanging wire. The incident left the boy so badly affected that both his arms needed amputation.
Ismail alleged that KE earned billions but would back out from compensating for the loss of those affected by their negligence.
He suggested there should be an insurance policy in place for electrocution and said KE should get Umar treated and prepare a package for his healthcare.
“Had a similar incident taken place in the United States, the organisation in question would have been sued,” Ismail lambasted.