Karachi: Fire in towel factory extinguished after two hours


KARACHI: Fire that erupted at a local factory in New Karachi on Thursday has extinguished.


The blaze engulfed the first floor of the factory and was doused by the struggle of as many as five fire tenders. A firefighter at the scene said that the building could not be recommissioned for at least a week for business.

The fire broke out due to short circuit in the towel factory however, the shop owner estimated that the cost of the total damage would certainly run into billions of rupees as the factory was full of garments at the time of fire.

Moreover, no causalities have also been reported in the incident.