KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah on Tuesday failed to appear before the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in a hearing related to offering subsidies to sugar mills through unauthorized channels.
The chief minister had already submitted answers to the query at an earlier date, said the sources. This is the second time Sindh CM Shah has failed to appear before the anti-graft body.
Earlier this year, Sindh CM Shah had appeared before the accountability watchdog’s Rawalpindi branch in connection with the long-running fake bank accounts case.
A five-member NAB investigative team questioned the Sindh chief minister for over an hour at the occasion. Irfan Naeem Mangi, who is the head of the joint investigation team probing the case, also met Shah upon arrival at the old NAB headquarters.
Shah was accompanied by Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leaders Qamar Zaman Kaira, Nayyar Bokhari and Mustafa Khokhar to the headquarters of the anti-graft bureau.
Speaking to the media following his appearance, Shah said, “I appeared before NAB for the first time. I have nothing to hide and am fully prepared for an investigation.”