Sindh govt not backing former SSP Rao Anwar, says Siyal

Karachi: Sindh Home Minister Suhail Anwar Siyal on Thursday has rejected the allegations regarding Sindh govt is backing former Senior Superintendent Police officer (SSP) in Naqeebullah’s killing.

Advertisement

In an exclusive conversation on NewsOne’s program ‘Tonight with Jasmeeen’  he said that Sindh govt had immediately suspended Rao Anwar as the incident developed, adding that police is trying its best and conducting raids to arrest Rao Anwar.

On a question asked to form Joint investigation team, he said “It’s my personal wish that JIT should be formed.”

He further said that CJP Saqib Nisar has taken Suo-motu notice and the case is already in Supreme court, adding that he will talk to Sindh Minister over formation of JIT.

On Intezar Murder case he said the decision to form a JIT was taken after consulting with Intezar Ahmed’s father.

He said that the JIT would determine the reason behind the presence of the police at the crime scene, adding that the way Intezar’s car was stopped creates suspicion.

The JIT is also expected to evaluate the role of suspended ACLC SSP Muqaddas Haider, adding that Aamir Farooqi report will come in three to four days.

On January 13, Intezar was killed under mysterious circumstances when Anti Car Lifting Cell (ACLC) officials opened fire on his car in Defence , area of Karachi.

Earlier in a day, suspended SSP Malir Rao Anwar on Thursday demanded formation of a Joint Investigation Team (JIT) comprising members of intelligence agencies to probe the ‘extrajudicial’ killing of 27-year-old Naqeebullah.

Expressing no confidence in investing committee, Anwar said that he would soon disclose concrete evidences against the inquiry committee head AIG Sanaullah Abbasi and other Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) officials, adding, their own hands are not clean.

Advertisement

Junior - Taleem Aam Karaingay - Juniors ko Parhaingay