Govt to take off CM’s Sindh name from ECL, but will continue to seek his resignation: Info Minister

ISLAMABAD: Federal Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry said on Monday that in accordance to the directives of the Supreme Court of Pakistan, the federal government will take off the name of Chief Minister of Sindh, Murad Ali Shah.

Advertisement

However the federal minister asserted in a press briefing that the government will pursue in seeking resignation from Shah over his allged role in Money Laundering Case.

Earlier today, the Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar ordered that Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah’s names be removed from the joint investigation team (JIT) report and the Exit Control List (ECL).

Moreover, Chaudhry contended that Pakistan Peoples’ Party and Omni group didn’t dispute on a single account presented by the Joint Investigative Team’s report before the Supreme Court on the ongoing money laundering case.

It is pertinent to mention the apex court had already sent the mega money laundering case revolving around 172 suspects belonging from business and political elites to anti-graft body (NAB) giving directions to conclude the case within 2 months.

“The money laundering case started a long way back before the PTI came into power. Chaudhry Nisar stopped the investigation because there was a nexus established between Zardari and Nawaz to protect each other’s corruption,” the minister said.

Both the parties want people to come on the street to protect their corruption. We promised to the people of Pakistan that we will put the corrupt behind bars. We have succeeded up to 90 percent, he said.

“We have given free hand to the investigators,” Chaudhry said.

Advertisement

Junior - Taleem Aam Karaingay - Juniors ko Parhaingay