A Medical examination reveals Asma Aziz went through various injuries


LAHORE: On Friday, a medical examination of Lahore revealed about woman Asma Aziz ─ whose husband and his employees allegedly stripped her naked, beat her, and shaved her head over not dancing for them — that she had various injuries on her body.


According to the report, Asma Aziz, 15-18 hours after she reportedly sustained her injuries, had multiple bruises on her left forearm, a cut on her finger, bruises and swelling on both cheeks near her ears, redness and watering in her left eye, and had experienced some dizziness and vomiting. The report at the bottom added that there is no possibility of fabrication of her injuries.

The report further added that Asma’s left ear had been affected due to torture. Report also indicated torture marks on her face. Her vision, however, has not been affected, said report.

In the aftermath of Aziz’s ordeal, Amnesty International South Asia called for systemic change in Pakistan to protect women from violence.

Yesterday, Aziz’s husband and one of his employees were handed over to police on four-day physical remand.

The two were taken into custody on Wednesday after a video of Aziz began circulating on social media. Aziz said her husband of four years had “always hit her a lot”.

“My husband brought two of his friends over to our house and asked me to drink alcohol and dance for them. When I refused, my husband, Faisal, tied my feet and started to torture me,” said Asma.

“He took my clothes off in front of his employees. The employees held me as he shaved my hair off and burned it. My clothes were bloody. I was bound by a pipe and hung from the fan. He threatened to hang me naked,” she had said in the video.

Asma said Rashid, Amjad and Farzana, three employees were present at the house at time of incident. “When I tried to run out of the house, my husband hit with a manhole cover and shaved my head,” she said.

Asma called her friend from Farzana’s phone. “My friend came over and took me to the police station. When we asked the police officials to conduct a medical examination they asked for Rs5,000,” Asma told the magistrate.

Asma further told the magistrate, “the police neither gave a report nor conducted a medical examination. I walked out of the police station crying as they did not cooperate”.


Junior - Taleem Aam Karaingay - Juniors ko Parhaingay