LAHORE: On Saturday, an accountability court accepted the National Accountability Bureau’s (NAB) plea to extend the physical remand of PML-N leaders Khawaja Saad Rafique and Khawaja Salman Rafique till Jan 26, in the Paragon Housing scam case.
NAB prosecutor Waris Ali Janjua told the court that the anti-corruption watchdog had gained details of Khawaja brothers’ bank accounts and needed time to investigate further.
Amjad Pervez, who represented the Khawaja brothers, argued that no “irregularities” were spotted in his clients’ bank accounts and urged the court not to extend their physical remand, as it had already lasted 40 days. He requested the court to grant a judicial remand instead.
He further said that every transaction that took place in the Paragon Housing Society’s accounts was in accordance with the law. Every transaction and account had been declared.